Due to the limited space on our boat and the close and personal level of service of our operation, we require a deposit to secure your reservation. Deposit amounts are determined individually, but are usually approximately 25% of the total invoice for individual reservations. A 50% deposit of the total group invoice (6 or more divers) is required for all group reservations and/or private charters. The reservation process takes place almost entirely via email and starts with a first email from our divers (click here for our Contact Us page). Once we coordinate your dive dates with our schedule, we will send you a preliminary invoice with a deposit amount. Your dive days will be secured when we receive the specified deposit amount after which, we will send a confirmation email. Space on the boat is filled on a first-come-first-served basis based on receipt of deposit.
Deposits can be paid by PayPal, Chase QuickPay and direct deposits via personal check on a US account. As an alternative, 100% may be paid in advance via personal check on a US account. Contact us for additional information. The remaining balance due must be paid to Liquid Blue Divers upon completion of your diving. Balance payments can be made by cash (US Dollars or Mexican Pesos), PayPal, Chase QuickPay and, with prior approval, a personal check on a US account. We do not accept credit cards directly, but they are accepted through PayPal. Traveler’s checks are not accepted.
Canceling Entire Dive Trip
• A full refund (less 10% service fee) of the deposit will be made for cancellations received 30 days or more prior to arrival.
• 29-15 days prior to arrival, 50% of the deposit is forfeited.
• 14 days or less prior to arrival, no deposit refund is available.
• If weather conditions or other factors force us to cancel your dive reservation prior to arrival, you will receive a full deposit refund.
Cancelling Individual Dives Once On The Island
• All cancellations must be received by 3:00 p.m. on the day before your scheduled dive. A refund will only be issued if the space can be filled. Please call 987-564-9792.
• No refunds will be issued the morning of your scheduled dive should you decide to cancel at the last minute and/or no-show for whatever reason. All morning trips are scheduled as two tank dives. Therefore, should you decide to only dive one tank for any reason you will be charged for a two tank dive. Liquid Blue Divers is not responsible for any dives cancelled by the customer.
• If any dives are cancelled due to weather conditions and/or Port closure by the Harbor Master, we will offer you alternative options, as to either reschedule your dive (based on availability) or receive a refund for the day/dive that was cancelled due to weather conditions.
• Pre-booked group reservations/sales (6 or more divers) are final upon arrival to the island. No refunds will be issued. No exceptions.
• Liquid Blue Divers reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime if divers are deemed to be unsafe, irresponsible, do not follow the dive plans, disobey marine park regulations, or are otherwise disrespectful to the crew.
• Exceptions to these cancellations policies will be made by Liquid Blue Divers on a case by case basis, if needed.
Contact us as soon as you know of any changes to your itinerary. We will do our best to accommodate you.
We reserve the right to require a private Dive Master for the first day (and subsequent days if necessary) OR a refresher dive with an instructor at the diver’s expense if a diver has not made a dive in more than 18 months, or is a new diver with less than ten ocean dives. This is for the safety and enjoyment of all of our divers.
Per local marine park regulations, all dives must be guided by a local Dive Master or instructor and the dive groups must stay together at all times. The depth limitations for Junior divers under the age of 15 cannot be imposed on the entire group, therefore a private Dive Master is required for Junior Divers (12 to 14 years old) at the diver’s expense. Again, we stress that this policy is for the safety and enjoyment of all divers on board. Exceptions to this may be made if your group fills the boat (5 to 6 divers) and agrees to a 60 foot maximum depth or if the diver holds a Junior advanced open water certification.
A private Dive Master for those requesting one or for those who are required to have one per our policies is $55 for a two-tank dive (for up to four divers per DM). This fee simply covers the additional expenses for the private Dive Master.
Proof of diving certification from a recognized certifying agency must be presented at the time of registration. If you have lost or misplaced your certification card, please contact your certifying agency prior to arrival for a replacement or letter of verification.
Liquid Blue Divers strongly recommends scuba diving insurance such as Divers Alert Network (DAN – www.diversalertnetwork.org) . This insurance should be secured before your arrival in Cozumel.
Liquid Blue Divers is a member of the Meditur Hyberbaric Chamber located on 6th North at the San Miguel Clinic. The hyperbaric/diving physician is Dr. Pascual Piccolo.